NURSING SCHOLARSHIP 2020 For BS, MS and PhD Nursing Students
A major challenge confronting the health systems in Pakistan is the severe shortage of health workforce especially nurses. The current COVID pandemic has made the situation for Nurses and Paramedic staff even wore worldwide and specially for Pakistan where the lack of medical facilities and staff have complicated the situation.
Pakistan is far below the critical level for Human Resources for Health (HRH), being amongst the most HRH deprived countries of the world. Health system in Pakistan remains beset by a growing nursing workforce crisis.
2020 was declared as the “Year of Nursing” by the Honorable President, Dr. Arif Alvi in recognition of their critical role in delivering quality healthcare and improving the health indicators.
‘Nursing Now’ chapter of Pakistan was also launched in 2019 in Pakistan as part of the global movement supported by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Council of Nurses.
A well-trained and qualified nursing workforce is pivotal for achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and for any improvement in the health status of our population. The quality and numbers of nurses is critical for any health system strengthening initiative.
Required Faculty development for nursing institutes in order to strengthen the nursing profession in Pakistan.
Pakistan is producing best doctors in the world and has an equal potential to produce best nurses. There is a great potential in nursing field as we are far below meeting the demand for trained qualified nurses so we could fill this gap and can create job opportunities in this field
Existing scholarships are negligible and critically required during the current COVID pandemic.
- 20% of total nursing intake for BSN 4 year program for FY 2019-20 will have financial assistance available which would have significant impact on addressing the critical shortage of nursing.
- Will directly contribute towards the national commitment of achieving Universal Health Coverage.
- Produce best job opportunities in nursing for local needs but also for International market
- Strengthening Nursing Profession through Faculty Development of Nursing Institutes through MSN & PhD Programs
Scholarship for 2020
BSN MSN PhD Total
868 119 13 1000
10% slots increase every year
Estimated Cost : PKR 1.2 Billion (4 Y)
Instructions for Students
- Only for the students of Partner Institutes (Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC) Approved List)
- Students are requested to apply on the prescribed scholarship application form for BSN (GEN) , MSN or PhD. The same can be found on Partner Institutes websites
- Students are also requested to Fill and print Declaration forms on the required stamp papers
- After completing the application form and declaration forms submit to the concerned Focal Person of the Partner Institutes along with Required documents.
- NOTE: Any APPLICATION FORM submitted directly to NEST will not be entertained, NEST will only grant scholarship to those students who are shortlisted by the above Partner Institutes only