ARTS & CULTURE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Art is often a vehicle for social change:
Arts and Culture are important because it preserves our heritage. Art influences society by changing opinions, instilling values and translating experiences across space and time.
Art in this sense is communication; it allows people from different cultures and different times to communicate with each other via images, sounds and stories.
Arts which provides many different forms of entertainment is a significant part of tourism industry. Helping Mature Industries Become More Competitive Most countries recognize the merits of using arts, culture, and design to enhance tourism, and they depend on the cooperation between economic development and arts and cultural agencies to design and implement strategies for leveraging and marketing the unique quality of life, culture, and cuisine in regions to boost tourism value and growth.
Existing scholarships in these fields of study are negligible in our country and available in very limited form, the arts subjects being totally neglected by previous governments and HEC, as no significant scholarships have been given in these fields therefore, we aim to support artists in the disciplines of
- Fine Arts
- Visual Arts
- Multimedia Arts
- Film and TV
- Product Design
- Ceramics Design
- Visual Communication Design
- Textile Design
- Interior Design and Cultural Studies at Graduation levels.
- These students would be able to utilize these skills and would help improve their own living standards as well as a significant impact on our economy.
- Promoting Art and culture sector make a strong, tangible contribution to the national economy by impacting directly or indirectly following major Industries
- Film Industry
- Textile & Design Industry
- Tourism Industry
Scholarship for 2020
- Total Slots: 400
- Estimated Cost: PKR 77 M / Per Annum
Guidelines for Students
- Only for the students of Partner Institutes.
- Students are requested to apply on the prescribed scholarship application form available HERE and Partner Institutes website.
- Please check the list of PARTNER INSTITUTES and their dedicated focal persons.
- After completing the application form, submit to the concerned Focal Person along with required documents.
- Only Students enrolled in undergraduate 4 or 5 years degree program are eligible to apply.
- NOTE: Any APPLICATION FORM submitted directly to NEST will not be entertained, NEST will only grant scholarship to those students who are shortlisted by the above Partner Institutes only